Tuesday, March 17, 2015

help me I'm poor & I discovered West Seattle.

As if my bank account can't get any smaller, my best friend just moved to West Seattle.

For one, I am not a seattle person. I say this kindly! It's just not for me. The obscenities that come out of my mouth while driving there, mixed with the elaborate outfits of so many lost souls (hipsters) tends to be too much for me, HOWEVER, to avoid being a hypocrite I will admit that I do enjoy going out dancing there & eating a hot dog on the side of the road at 2 am with my girlfriends.

& in all reality it just really depresses me. There are so many homeless people, and I want to help them all and I can't, so it ends up being a long drive home with Nick about how we need to change the world and me yelling PULL OVER! Every time someone is walking down the street (most likely not homeless.)

BUT.

This place is different.

I was weary. Hillary & I lived only 10 minutes away and the thought of her, and my nieces and nephews (see below) being so far away was unsettling.
 
Anyway, not being a seattle lover herself, Hillary convinced me this place was different and I had high hopes, for two reasons. 1. because if she gets murdered living in the big city I will turn into Liam Neeson. "I don't know who you are, but I will find you, and I will kill you."
2. Because she lives there and I'll be spending time there so I guess I am selfish.
 
Last Sunday after driving through neighborhoods for 40 minutes in the pouring rain when I could've just gotten directly on I5 (thanks you bitch GPS) I arrived in the euphoria of West Seattle.
 
Oh my god.
 



 
 
 
So many cute shops. An antique mall. Adorable flower shop with the best cards ever. I almost cried of pure joy when I found a shop that carries a ton of rifle paper co stuff. A pet store with a cat in it, who I sat and stared at until I realized the clerk was judging me/my life, an adorable kids store where I had to stop myself from buying my friends children hundreds of dollars worth of shit (once again, poor) and the best sandwich I may have ever had in my life. I also found a place with so many cute little macaroons which makes me happy, and also sad because I searched for them when making my bridesmaids gifts because I wanted to be a chic pinterest bride which APPARENTLY is not an option. NOT IN RENTON HIGHLANDS TIFFANY, NOT IN RENTON HIGHLANDS.
 
For now, I had to force myself to only buy a desk calendar, a poster for my dad (early fathers day gift...because I am always prepared/thoughtful OBVI.) and a toy for one of the cool kids I babysit.
 
& because she is awesome, Hillary got me this amazing wedding planner. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
 
 
ugh. I can't wait to go back. And be a millionaire. And donate so that I don't feel sad every time I go to Seattle. And adopt all the cats from the pet store. And not be awkward when people catch me staring at cats. This list could go on, because there are so many things I should work on, but instead I'll just blog.
 
So thanks Hill. Now I am officially going to be in debt.
 
XOXO
 
TIFF
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment