Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

& you better believe my tree is already up. To people who want to say, "but it's not even thanksgiving yet!" One month is NOT enough time to celebrate Christmas, it's just not.
 
The DIY's have been a daily thing around here & I have some to share with you!
 
Unfortunately, some of these are oldies and I don't have before pictures. BUT- I can give you an idea.
 
Every time I go thrifting I find these wooden wall hangings. I absolutely love them.
 
 
They are so versatile and you can do practically anything with them. I've made chalkboards, mod podged and just painted when I didn't have any other ideas & I just love them. ah! They usually have some sort of modpodged illustration on them, but you can remove it fairly easy with nail polish remover, or just paint over it!
 
Luckily, this time it was easily removable so I decided to clean it up nice, and go with a rustic Christmas decoration. Viola! Wood, white paint, and a skinny brush is all you need.
Simple, Wintery, & I love it.

 
For the next one I got this little Eagle of my eye aka a piece of wood decor waiting to happen, at goodwill for only 1.99. yay!
 
Before
I tried to peel off the eagle for the most part, (forgive me America) but it wouldn't fully come off, so I plopped a coat of white chalk paint on there and called it good. After I had a clean slate I went with a fun design I had seen on Pinterest.
 
After
A very merry Christmas to YOU, little gold deer.
 
I also picked up these little vintage gems at goodwill for 1.00. I love them! Teal & Coral, two of my favs.
XOXO
TIFF
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment